The objective of the Hubble project is to create a national observatory for the building and sharing of massive data analysis processes, from traces left in e-learning environments. Hubble will enable to analyze and explain phenomena of teaching and learning with these environments.
For who ?
Teachers, designers, administrators or policymakers, may use the processes and results of analyzes of activity traces, to improve their environment and for making decisions.
The project will offer ways to:
- describe and implement the changes / requests / calculations of indicators / viewing of traces.
- collect and model traces.
- describe the process of analysis for various decision-making actors.
For researchers, the project involves knowledge building on:
- models, methods and strategies in the field of learning traces.
- phenomena related to the use of e-learning systems or associated new pedagogies.
Researchers will also benefit from the builfing of a national community the Hubble project aims at, on the theme of “Learning Analytics” and its standing at the European and international levels.
The project’s technological objectives are:
- The pooling of experience on viewing platforms and analysis in order to enable sharing, capitalization and use of traces, tools and analysis processes.
- Usability of the analysis processes for those users who wish to re-use them.
- The redeployment of the analysis processes for decision-making of institutional actors in their usual environments.
- Compliance with ethical rules defined by the ethics committee that will be created during the project.